Around here: A sign of life.

Finally, I am back! In the last couple of days I've learned the hard way to be careful what I wish for... During our (soo wonderful) stay in Thailand I proclaimed many times how much I wished I could stay there forever and I was so depressed when it was time to leave. Then, our flight home was delayed for 32 hours. Yes, you read that right. Why do these things always happen to me? These were my third and fourth intercontinental flights and my first two were delayed too (the flight to Thailand was delayed four hours. Meanwhile, Per has travelled outside of Europe closer to ten times and never been delayed before.) I was supposed to be at work today! I missed last night's photo class! We should have been home the night between Wednesday and Thursday but we landed at 2 am tonight. Fortunately being up at such an early hour was no big deal since it was 8 in the morning "our time". We slept on the flight and decided to do the switch to our time today, so tonight we're staying up and going to bed according to local time. Confusion!

To my great disappointment, we did not come back to spring like I had pictured it. It seems as though Sweden went back in time two weeks rather than forward during our absence. When we left the snow had melted and the first spring flowers had arrived. However, winter has since come back with full force and it keeps snowing and there's no sign that it's going to get warmer anytime soon. Will we have snow for Easter? When I looked out from the plane after we had landed this "morning" I actually wondered for a moment what that weird white stuff was! Only yesterday I was wearing flipflops and now I am back to wearing winter boots. I had actually put them away "for the season" before we left! Oh and one of the first items on my to-do list for after Thailand was "Put away winter coats" haha. Just look at what we left behind (right side) and what we came home to!



Really, it's an abomination!

I have over a thousand photos to go through and millions of things to write about, but for now this will have to do. There's laundry to take care of and dinner to prepare (a very lateee dinner seeing that it's already 10 o'clock at night in the time zone I am used to haha. I think I've had breakfast three times today? Once before we landed, one time at the airport when we waited for the first train to Malmö, once in Malmö when we waited for the 6 o'clock train to Kalmar... oh and the meal we had when we came home was quite breakfasty too). This is soo confusing!

No comments