Outings: A day in Malmö.

We had about a hundred different ideas on how to spend this weekend. After all the province of Skåne is filled with beautiful places, both ones I've been to before and dream of revisiting and places I have yet to see for myself. In the end we decided to keep things low-key though and just catch the bus down to the city of Malmö, rather than drive to one of the more remote destinations we'd been considering.



We spent most of the afternoon in Malmö's Västra hamnen neighbourhood. Of course I'd seen the famous Turning torso building from afar many times, but I'd never actually been to this area of the city before. I expected it to be all concrete and too modern for my taste but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was, especially the waterfront area.






By the time we got back to the city centre it was already nearing six o'clock. Before we took the train back to Lund we made a quick stop at this ice cream place that had the most delicious homemade Italian icecream. I had chocolate and coconut sorbet and it was soo good. I didn't even know you could make chocolate sorbet, and it was actually even more chocolatey than regular ice cream?




All in all it was definitely a day well spent. Sometimes I can't believe how I could live so close to Malmö for so many years without going there more often. Now that I live in such a small town I appreciate all the things that big cities have to offer that much more. There's just so much to choose from and so many places to get lost in. I don't think I'd like to live in a big city again, but I certainly don't mind visiting them every so often.

No comments