Trips in 2013: Leaving for Norrland.

Today we leave for Norrland. As I've mentioned before, it has been a dream of mine for a long time to visit the northern part of Sweden, and I think this trip will be a good start. The furthest north I've ever been before is Sälen where I went skiing at the age of eleven, and that is only 650 km away from here. This time we will go as far as Arvidsjaur, 1,300 km north of Kalmar. This is our itinerary:


Arvidsjaur isn't even nearly as far north as you can go, it's another 500 km or so before you reach Sweden's northenmost point. It never ceases to amaze me how long this country is. (Oh and I know these distances are nothing to you Americans haha.)

In any case, we will be back home on Friday. I hope it will still feel like summer down here by then because I am not ready to let it go just yet, and I know Norrland is going to be colder than here.

No comments