Around here: January so far.



The whole world is so grey, so grey. I took the above photos when we went for a walk on New Years Day and I'm afraid the weather hasn't changed at all since then. I find myself looking longingly at photos from January of last year and the beautiful winter we had then. Many people say that if the snow's stayed away this long it might as well not come at all, but I wish it would. I can't bare another two months of overcast skies, dampness and rain.

I am so grateful that today is a public holiday and dread the four days of work ahead. It's so slow right now, which isn't unusual for this time of year, but it's been made worse this year because I was forced to work around the holidays and thus already completed tasks that I'd normally do in January.

Even though there isn't much to do outside I manage to stay busy during my days off at least. On Saturday we went out for lunch with my family and Fanny's boyfriend here in Kalmar at a restaurant I've been wanting to try for a while. Then in the afternoon we went to the cinema with Per's parents. Yesterday we tackled some home improvement projects such as replacing the plants I threw out in panic on Saturday morning after I discovered that they were infested with some disgusting bugs, ugh. We also put away the Christmas tree and I've rearranged some things around the apartment. The living room feels so spacious now.

Today I am doing ~riveting things such as backing up my photos on DVDs for the first time since 2011. I've also started looking into going to London for a long weekend in February because I really need something to look forward to in order to make these grey slow days go by a bit faster. I hope to do quite a bit of travelling this year. Do you guys have any trips planned for 2014?

No comments