Life lately: January 2014.


Watching | January's weather meant staying in a lot, which in turn meant that we had time to watch quite a few films. My favourites were Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann that we watched at the cinema next door, and the adorable Frozen.

Listening | Ever since watching Frozen I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat most of the time. You can catch both Per and I singing Do You Wanna Build a Snowman on the most random occasions. Other than that, we've rediscovered Dixie Chicks in the past week after watching some TV show about country music. I'd forgot how great their music is.

Consuming | Mostly homecooked meals and the occasional baked goods - grey and rainy weekend days are the perfect occasion for baking.

Reading | The Boy from Baby House 10, such a heartbreaking book. I finished two other books in January, this and this. I really enjoyed them both.

Visiting | My aunt yesterday to celebrate my cousin Ella's 12th birthday.

Enjoying | Noticing that the days are getting longer, despite the dreary weather.

Making | Countless watercolour versions of my Instagram photos using the brilliant app Waterlogue (such as the one above of our first tulips of the year).

Looking forward to | Going to London on Friday and Poland later this month. And visiting Jenny in her new apartment that she is moving into this week.

No comments