Trips in 2014: Parga, part 3/3.

Day 5.

Since we'd hardly spent any time at all at our hotel so far we decided to hang out in the hotel's pool area for most of our fifth day. It was very calm there most days and we had it mostly to ourselves. There were so many exotic flowers and plants in the hotel garden and I took some time to photograph them. I don't remember ever seeing olive trees up close before. Also pictured: drinks on the hotel balcony, one of my favourite holiday traditions :)







In the evening we replaced our swimwear with something fancier and headed downtown for dinner. We picked the restaurant I mentioned in my previous entry, the one that has an incredible view of Parga. I tried moussaka and found it surprisingly delicious because I remember trying it for lunch in school when I was little and not really liking it (but then again I hated all meals at school).








Day 6.

The next day we went on a boat tour to the nearby islands of Paxos and Antipaxos. We got to swim in the bluest water I've ever seen in Europe, look inside a couple of caves and visit the town of Gaios which is one of the warmest places I've ever been. Because of how it's situated with high hills on two sides there wasn't the slightest breeze and I measured 36 degrees in the shade. I was quite relieved when it was time to get back on the boat.







Day 7.

On our 7th and final day in Parga we went back to Valtos Beach and hung out there most of the day. I took the time to really soak up the sun and took as many dips in the sea as I could, knowing our Greek adventure would soon come to an end. It looks like it was my last time going swimming this year, since it had cooled down significantly when we got back home to Sweden and doesn't seem like it's going to get much warmer anymore, so I'm glad it was such a memorable day. In the evening we bought some gifts for people back home and then it was time to pack up our things. The next morning after breakfast the transfer bus came to pick us up and after lunch we left Greece and headed back north again. This might have been my first trip to Greece, but it was definitely not the last. It's been on my list of places to go for many years now and I knew I'd like it, but I think it even surpassed my expectations and I can't wait to go back there again.



4 comments

  1. Superfina bilder! Lite mera lummigt och grönt än det vi har fått uppleva i Tunisien hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Kan tänka mig att det är lite skillnad. Ska bli kul att se dina bilder! Välkommen hem till Sverige! Antar att det börjar kännas som höst uppe hos er?

      Delete
  2. Jättefina bilder! Lite mer lummigt än ökenlandskapet i Tunisien hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, blev visst två ;P Trodde inte de funka första gången :P

    ReplyDelete