Trips in 2014: Stockholm in September.

On Friday the 26th I flew up to Stockholm in the morning for a work event that lasted until noon on Saturday. Rather than head home straight away I stayed another night and went home on Sunday. Of course I couldn't pass up an opportunity to hang out in the capital without having to pay for the trip. The city looked especially lovely on the way up:





On Saturday afternoon my friend and old co-worker Jenny who lives in Stockholm and I headed out to the Drottningholm Palace. I'd wanted to go there for years and was so glad it finally worked out. The weather was just perfect for the occasion and the palace just as beautiful as I had imagined.







The hotel I'd booked for the night between Saturday and Sunday was a pleasant surprise. It had a bathtub and the room was just so cozy that I wanted to move in. Best of all, there were Belgian waffles for breakfast! I spent most of Sunday attending a photo class but also managed to fit in a quick visit to Jenny's place. In the evening it was time to head back south again. I wasn't too happy to leave, but seeing this incredible sunset from the plane did help make up for it a bit (taken with my iPhone):

No comments