Trips in 2014: Warsaw, part 2/2.

On Saturday morning we caught the tram to the area where Cissi lives, because of course we couldn't visit Warsaw without stopping by her apartment. It was another really cold day, probably the coldest day of the entire trip. This was the view from Cissi's apartment building, the city centre wasn't far away at all:



Better yet, Cissi lives close to the Arkadia shopping centre which is said to be the largest in Poland. We had a tight schedule for the day but Cissi had allowed an hour for Fanny, mum and I to explore the mall, so that's just what we did. Inevitably I ended up at my favourite store Oysho which has the cutest PJs I've ever seen. I found the sweetest sweatshirt there that I promise to show you sometime.

Our next stop was the restaurant Vege Miasto where we had lunch. I don't think I've ever eaten such colourful food before, and the raw snickers we had for dessert was incredible.





After lunch we walked to the Old Town area of Warsaw where we spent the rest of the afternoon. It was so cold and windy that we had to find places where we could heat up every once in a while. Fanny even wore two scarves, but nothing was warm enough.











The final landmark to cross off on our list for this trip was the Palace of Culture and Science, which we'd walked past dozens of times the previous days, but we had yet to head up to the top. I had hoped that we'd get to see the sunset from up there, but since the day was grey and overcast I didn't think it'd be anything remarkable and we hadn't really kept track of the time. However, as it turned out, the sun was just about to sink beneath the horizon the moment we got out of the elevator on the 30th floor, and I rushed out to capture a photo of it at the very last moment (the middle photo below).





I can't think of a more perfect ending to our final day in Warsaw :)

2 comments

  1. Åh, vad vackert det var där! Jättefina bilder oxå :)

    ReplyDelete