Around here: A city filled with lilacs.



The lilacs finally started to bloom during the week I was on sick leave from work, and one sunny afternoon I went for a walk downtown to see them for myself. I had to sit down and rest every now and then but it was worth it. The southern city wall is never as beautiful as it is at this time of year when all the lilac bushes are in bloom. The path on top of the wall is lined with them and the scent is amazing. It was one of the things that made me fall in love with this city when I first came here in the spring of 2012. I wish I could bottle the scent up and make it last all year.

4 comments

  1. Superfina bilder! Är inte dags för syrenerna här uppe än, men förhoppningsvis snart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oj vilken skillnad det är! Här har de snart blommat över tyvärr. Och lupinerna blommar redan för fullt. Det är galet vad fort det går när växterna väl kommer igång.

      Delete
  2. Jättefina bilder de är ju så vackra de där små :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så mycket! Saknar dem nu när syrénsäsongen är över. Vad kul att du tittade förbi min blogg :)

      Delete