Photobook pages: January & February 2013.


I thought I'd share the first spreads I've completed for my 2013 photobook. This will be the first page; it's the first time I did a title page of sorts, for my 2010 and 2012 books I simply included the first photos I took that year and in 2011 I left it blank because I didn't want to do a half spread. I got the text template from the awesome Caylee Grey, but I combined her goodbye 2013 and hello 2014 templates since I am a year behind with my scrapbooking. Incidentally, this was the very first photo I took in 2013 (on the 3rd of January). I was on my way to the hairdresser, saw the beautiful sunset through the gazebo by the train station and just had to take a photo.


On January 5th we went for a walk on the island of Svinö north of Kalmar. There wasn't any snow and the strait hadn't frozen over yet, that would come later in the month.


More glimpses from the month of January. By the end of the month winter had arrived with full force, and what a beautiful winter it was. As I have mentioned a couple of times January this year hasn't been very photogenic yet, but historically I have never taken many photos at this time of year; last year was the exception. I know there will be beautiful winters again even if this one never amounts to much.


On the 2nd of February we went to the More Kastell canyon. I will always remember the day fondly. As we walked around in that beautiful sunshine we thought spring was just around the corner. Little did we know then that it'd be another two months before spring would arrive for real. (Template on the right from Simply Yin.)


On our way home from More Kastell we stopped by Aboda klint to see the sunset. It was our second visit that year, we went once in January too but it was cloudy then and I wanted another chance to see the sunset.

I still have a couple of spreads left of February, but I am taking my time. Last year I didn't start my book until May and I still finished it in November, so this year I've already gotten off to a head start compared to last year.

No comments