Project Life: July 2017.

Last week I finally finished documenting the month of July! It was the busiest month of the year so far for us, which obviously means there were many things to document. Most notably, we were on vacation from work and travelled to Croatia and Venice and I also attended a big family reunion. I filled up 38 pages (don't worry, I won't be sharing them all in one post!). It is a lot, but since I don't limit the number of pages I create for each month it doesn't stress me out. I am still behind with August, September and October, but I have planned out 38 pages in total for those months, so now that July is in the books I should be able to catch up with the rest of the year quite quickly (I've actually already completed about a third of those pages). Today I will be sharing the pages I made documenting everything but our week in Croatia/Venice, and I will be back to share those pages later.


Introducing the month... The calendar card is from Project 52 Fresh, the journalling card on the left from the Everyday Edition and the rest is from the About Us collection (elements + papers) by Paislee Press.


A spread about a day when we went strawberry picking. All products from the aforementioned About Us collection.


This is a spread I made as a contribution to the Amber LaBau Creative Team, using the Off We Go kit. It's about a stop we made along the way to the airport when we were going to Croatia. The pages documenting Croatia and Venice will go after this one.


A spread about how I spent the first days after we returned to Sweden. All products are from Project 52 Fresh.


In this spread I documented the arrival of my father's American second cousin and his first day visiting us. The journalling card is from the Everyday Edition (recoloured), everything else from the Generations collection by Sahin Designs which was released just when I was about to document these memories, and was just perfect for the occasion.


A spread about visiting my hometown and one of the most beautiful summer evenings we had this year. I used About Us by Paislee Press again, with some wordart mixed in, also by Paislee Press.


The first of two spreads documenting the family reunion we arranged for the descendants of my grandfather's father and his siblings. All products are from the aforementioned Generations collection.


Here's the second spread. This is my first attempt at including an "insert" in a photobook. I will cut off half the page in the printed version. I've been meaning to try this ever since I got the idea (from Pinterest I think?) a couple of years ago, but I haven't found the right occasion, until now! In the insert I've included some photos from when my grandfather's uncle (the grandfather of the relative who visited this summer) visited Sweden in 1958. On the other side, which you can see below, I included an article from the local newspaper about the family reunion (I scanned it and rearranged it a bit to fit it in). All products are from the Generations collection.





And the final spread of the month, about a day I spent with two of my sisters. This is a mix of the Everyday Edition, About Us, the new Project 52 Fresh Edition Add-On Collection AND Summer Manifesto by Paislee Press.


Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. You can learn more about it here. Digital page protectors by Valorie Wibbens.

4 comments

  1. I will be anxious to hear how the insert comes out in the printed photobook. Great photographs and page design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will share photos of it once I get the physical book next year :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely as always. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete