Project Life: 2016 album cover.



I finished this book in record time a few days into the new year and it arrived in the mail just a week later! I'm so happy with how it turned out. Because of the lack of daylight I haven't been able to photograph it yet, which means I can't share photos of the physical book with you just yet. In the meantime thought I'd start by sharing the cover.

I used a number template by Chelle's Creations just like I did for my 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 books. I replaced the "best of" with "a year in the life" this time though because I think it better describes what my memory keeping is about these days - not just including the best photos + memories but all the little details that make up my years. (For the spine I kept the old title which I realize is a bit inconsistent but I decided that I prefer that the books look consistent on the shelf.) For the back cover I used this template by Paislee Press, just like I did for my 2014 book, because I really liked the simpleness of it. I might just use it for this year's back cover as well. I also used some papers + an element from the Positive Vibes Kit by Paislee Press. Here are some close-ups:



When I choose the photos I want to include on the cover I try to pick a selection that represents what we did that particular year, the trips we went on and such, but at the same time I try not to overthink it. I usually put the covers together quite quickly once I've finished all the pages of the book.



I took more selfies than ever in 2016 because at the end of 2015 I finally found a spot in our little apartment that gets decent natural light, so I wanted to commemorate that on the cover somehow :)

1 comment