Project Life: June 2018 + my catch up formula.

I just finished my pages documenting June 2018. It's the first entire month I've finished documenting since January. Because I have a system for documenting my life that lets me catch up fairly quickly once I set my mind to it (read more about it at the end of this entry) I can let myself fall quite far behind. That's not to say I haven't felt guilty for being so behind this year... I've felt especially guilty about not sharing any pages on Instagram or here on this blog for so long. I feel like so many people I used to look to for inspiration have stopped sharing their memory keeping projects this year and it becomes a vicious circle that makes me feel less inspired to share mine, too. But, at least in my case it's not a conscious decision to stop sharing as much as lack of time and I intend to improve, starting with my June pages :)



Introducing the month. Journalling card from the Everyday Edition and calendar card from this kit by Paislee Press. The rest is from the Stampin' Up! Hello Lovely kit. It's one of my very favourites and I've used it several times in the past to document the month of June because I find that the colours match Swedish summer so well, so it saddens me that it's no longer available.


A spread about a visit we went on to my grandmother's sister-in-law. All cards from Hello Lovely.


Documenting summer by our pool :) Products from the Unwind collection by Sahin Designs except for the "Happy Place" stamp which is from the Travelogue collection, also by Sahin Designs.


A spread about our first time going to the beach this summer. All products from the Unwind collection.


Another spread using the Unwind collection, documenting a cruise we went on to Poland.


First spread about the day we spent in Poland (Gdynia, Gdansk + Sopot), also using Unwind.


Second spread about our day in Poland, using products from the Unwind collection (needless to say at this point I think?).


A spread about how we celebrated Midsummer this year. All products from Hello Lovely.


More about the month in general/Elsa's adventures + life in our garden. All cards from Hello Lovely.


Final spread of the month about how we went strawberry picking, one of my favourite summer traditions. Products from Hello Lovely.

I thought I'd wrap up this entry by sharing my Project Life catch up formula:

  1. This is important: No matter how far behind I fall with working on my pages, I always, always, make sure my photos are uploaded from my memory card/iPhone to my Dropbox and organized (by month/bigger event). I also plan out my pages in advance. For example, if we go on an outing that I know will make up an entire spread, I create the Photoshop files that will make up that spread and name it "DATE EVENT" when I upload the photos to my computer. This means that when I have some time to sit down and work on my pages, I can just open those files and get right to it.
  2. I have a document in Evernote for each month where I write down a little bit about what happens each day/any particular events/stories I want to document that particular month.
  3. Once I actually start working on my pages I pick just one or two coordinating kits (depending on how many pages I have planned out for that month) and stick to those for all of my pages for the entire month. I think it's a fun challenge to come up with different ways to use the products from a limited number of kits without it getting too repetitive (although that's not necessarily a bad thing since I want the pages from each month to match). If I ever run out of products I might throw in something from another kit, but often I will recolour those items using the colours from the kits I've been using for that month so it's all matching.

I hope that was helpful if you, like me, have fallen behind this year :) Do you have any other tips for catching up?


Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. You can learn more about it here. Digital page protectors by Valorie Wibbens.

8 comments

  1. Hi Diana! It's so good to see you :) I just realized that I have to catch up with my May and June pages. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I did have a great time in Poland, even though we only stayed for a day. I was pleasantly surprised by how kind everyone was, whenever I got on a train or bus people would give up their seat for me as soon as they saw my bump haha. Don't think people here are quite as observant/considerate. I hope you have managed to catch up with your pages! I still have February, April and July left to finish before I am caught up... Also, I'm sorry this reply is so late, for some reason I've stopped getting notifications about new comments :/

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, so happy for you about the little one.
    Love seeing your project life pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy them! :) I'm sorry this reply is so late, for some reason I seem to have stopped getting notifications about new comments :/

      Delete
  3. first congrats with your pregnanty! i was getting a bit worried why you didn't post for so long, but now i see why haha. so happy for you! and keep on sharing your pages, i am already getting inspired again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Haha yes my growing bump is one of the main reasons why I have fallen behind with my PL pages and keeping this blog updated this year. I'm so glad you find my pages inspiring! I have some more to share, just need to get around to uploading them here. PS. I'm sorry this reply is so late, I seem to have stopped getting notifications about new comments :/

      Delete
  4. Big congrats re your pregnancy. I have seen your journey to this point so it is especially exciting. I hope the cat copes well with the new addition and we get to see the outcome via more pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope my cat will adjust well to the baby too. I'm a bit nervous about it. I think it must be a little bit like people feel when they are about to give their first child a baby brother or sister haha. I will definitely keep documenting my life and sharing my pages!

      Delete