Around here: 34 weeks pregnant.



To be honest I always expected that I would post regular updates on social media if I ever got pregnant, so it has surprised me a bit that I haven't really felt motivated to do so. I think it has to do with my not knowing what the purpose of my social media presence really is, aside from sharing my Project Life pages that is, and also with the fact that I have really struggled to find the time for my old hobbies since we moved to our house a year ago. With that said, I thought it would be fun to post a little update now that I am so close to the end of this pregnancy.

How far along: 34 weeks + 4 days. Ever since I passed the halfway mark the weeks have gone by incredibly quickly and I don't think I am fully comprehending just how close I am to my due date!

Days until due date: 37 days.

The bump: Still quite high, and unbelievably big, especially after a meal.

Weight changes: I have tried not to overthink this because I don't think we have that much control over our pregnancy weight gain in most cases. I have to admit though that I was a bit nervous this summer when I was gaining weight at a crazy speed and wondered just how big I was going to get with so many months still left to go. However, my weight gain has slowed down significantly since then so now I am not as worried about it.

Stretch marks? None even though I have been terrible at using the special oil I got. It's all in the genes (thank you, mum).

Cravings: Strangely enough I haven't really experienced any cravings during this whole pregnancy. (On the other hand I had some major aversions during the first trimester.) I drink crazy amounts though. It started during this summer's heatwave and I thought it would go away once it cooled down, but it hasn't. I can easily drink a litre of water in one go!

Sleep: I do have to get up to go to the bathroom most nights, and my hips get a bit sore, but overall I am still sleeping really well. It is not lost on me how lucky that makes me ;)

Symptoms: Despite sleeping well, I'm feeling increasingly tired. Until now I haven't really taken the time to rest during the days because there is always so much to do around the house, but I am sensing that I will have to force myself to slow down a bit as I get closer to my due date. Most recently I have started experiencing water retention in my legs/feet and I really hate not being able to fit into most of my shoes anymore. I have three weeks of work left so I have to try to find a way to still look somewhat decent, haha.

Best moment this week: Sorting and folding the tiny baby clothes I bought this weekend.

Worst moment this week: Realizing that the one pair of shoes I had that sort of still fit me are starting to feel too small.

Miss anything? Not really as far as food or drinks go, but I do miss fitting into my regular clothes/shoes + being able to shave my legs without it feeling like a physical feat comparable with running a marathon.

Movement: Frequent and often strong. I still can't quite understand how there can be an almost fully grown newborn wiggling about inside of me.

Gender: A girl, and we sure hope the doctor was right because otherwise we will have to make some big changes around the nursery ;)

Belly button in/out: Almost non-existent, but still in.

Wedding Rings on/off: Make that engagement ring since I am not married, but I took it off a couple of weeks ago because I was growing uncomfortable with how tight it was getting.

Mood: There are ups and downs, mostly calm but also increasingly frustrated by the physical limitations and having to struggle with the most basic tasks like getting dressed or picking things up from the floor.

Looking forward to: Finishing up the final preparations for baby (such as packing the hospital bag) and really just getting to meet her soon :)

No comments