Project Life: My finished 2018 photobook.



At last I bring you some photos of my finished 2018 photobook! I actually took these photos quite a while ago but inbetween keeping my baby entertained and trying to stay up to date with this year's Project Life pages I haven't found much time for blogging. I tried to include a spread or two from each month of the year when I photographed the book. If you want to see all the pages in digital format you can find them here.

As always it was the greatest thrill to see the book in real life. After successfully including an insert in my 2017 book I included several this time around and wasn't at all nervous when I used the scissors on the brand new book. You can see one of the inserts below. Scroll down for technical details and feel free to ask if you have any questions about my process, printing through Blurb etc.


This is different from my original title page - I just had to include photos from my maternity session here because my pregnancy was obviously by far the most important event of 2018 and I wanted another place to display them :)




Technical details:
Company: Blurb*.
Size: 12 x 12.
Number of pages: 201.
Design software: I make all the pages in Photoshop and create the book through Bookify on the Blurb webpage.
Paper: Matte premium.
Cover: Wrap-around.

*I love Blurb and I think this was my 10th photobook order through their site. For the first time the book was slightly damaged during shipping - one of the corners was a bit "squashed". I contacted Blurb's customer service and they replied very quickly and let me know the book would be reprinted and shipped to me using their fastest shipping method free of charge.

4 comments

  1. Hello, I am Imane, I am 26 years old from Morocco. I just want to congratulates you for the baby and also for your beautiful book. The idea is beautiful so as the pictures. Kisses 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad you like my book! :)

      Delete
  2. P.S : do you document every week of the year or is it depending on the events in your life ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I document by month not by week but I add pages for special events, trips, holidays etc. But every month starts with a spread about the month in general. Since my book is digital I don't limit myself when it comes to the number of pages - so some months can be 20 pages or more. I aim for a minimum of eight pages per month which is never really an issue except maybe during the winter months when I take less photos.

      Delete