Project Life: Going digital?



If there's anything I've learned in my twenties it's that nothing is set in stone, no matter how convinced I might feel. Ever since I first heard about digital Project Life, I've felt certain that it wasn't for me. I thought that I'd either do it the physical/hybrid way, or not at all, preferring to stick to my usual digital photobook templates. But, finishing my childhood albums left a void and I felt reluctant to return to my current memory keeping. For my childhood albums I didn't use any particular style; my focus was on getting them done and since they were about my childhood I wanted the spreads to be bright and colourful, childlike even. However, at the same time I love the look of the minimalist Paislee Press products and have dreamed of getting an opportunity to use them myself for years. If I'd had unlimited storage space and lived in a country where physical Project Life products were more readily available, I think I'd stop making photobooks in favour of physical Project Life albums straight away. As it is, it's not a viable option right now. And then I stumbled across the nifty digital page protectors by Valorie Wibbens and thought maybe... So I bought them and tried them out along with some Paislee Press products and I think it's a keeper?




Products used: The Midnight Edition core kit above and the Moments Like These kit below.




I'll try making a couple more spreads and see how I feel, but at the moment I think it's very likely that this will be what my 2015 photobook will look like.


Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. You can learn more about it here.

2 comments

  1. Snyggt :D Du är så duktig med sånt där pill ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Tycker det är väldigt roligt att hålla på med :)

      Delete