Around here: Goodbye 2015, hello 2016.



2015 was quite a year... I know that the scars I carry from this year will shape the rest of my life. And yet, I've felt reluctant to let 2015 go because paradoxically it has also been one of the best years of my life so far. 2016 will bring with it lots of uncertainty. Big decisions will need to be made, the life-changing kind. But during the past thirty years I've learned that the light inside me might flicker sometimes, but it has never gone out yet. I have faith that it won't in 2016 either, come what may. I have never chosen a word for the upcoming year before, but this time it came to me rather effortlessly. Stronger. A reminder that I am stronger than I give myself credit for and that life's difficulties will only continue to make me stronger.

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to any new readers who might find themselves here thanks to yesterday's big announcement.

Bring on 2016 :)

No comments