Project Life: December

Tonight I finished my Project Life spreads from December. These past months I've documented each month at the start of the next because I think it's easier to organize my layouts that way. I have to say that I love being this up to date with my memory keeping. It was only a year ago that I wrote that I preferred to document the year once it was over, because I thought it made it easier to choose which photos to include once time had passed and I'd gained some perspective. Funny how these things change.

During the past months I've done something else that's entirely new to me, which came naturally once I started to document more recent events - I've started including more journalling. Nothing crazy, and never more than one or two journalling cards per spread, but I really like adding another dimension to my documenting. I wish I had started it sooner. I plan to go back and add a bit more journalling before I have the 2015 album printed. I'm so close to finishing it now, all I have left is to document our trip to Croatia. In any case, here are the spreads from December... I will be back with an entry about my 2016 title page + memory keeping plans for the year ahead later in the month.


Various glimpses from the first half of the month...


A visit to relatives + more glimpses from my home in December.


The big day a.k.a. Christmas Eve.


Another spread about Christmas Eve. It's a bit busier than I would like because there was so much to squeeze in but not enough to make a second spread. It would have been a good occasion for an "insert", but it was a bit late to start adding them to my album this late in the year.


A spread about Christmas Day and Boxing Day.


The final spread of the year, from New Years Eve. I took some self portraits on NYE and included one photo here; I plan to include some in my 2016 title page as well. Gotta make the most of these photos since I take self portraits so rarely as it involves taking down pictures from walls and rearranging furniture. I wish I had just one empty wall in my home :P In case you're wondering why I don't make an end page it's because you can't add a final page to Blurb books (or perhaps you can if you pay extra?) so I always end my books with a full spread.


Project Life is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins. You can learn more about it here. Products used frequently: Digital page protectors by Valorie Wibbens and cards from the Oh What Fun Winter Value Kit, the Hello December 2015 Edition and the Everyday Edition (some items have been recoloured). The December stamp + the stamps in the second last spread are from Liz Tamanaha/Paislee Press.

No comments